Monday, October 5, 2009

Canyon Lake

On Friday we spent the afternoon at Canyon Lake. Josh's sister and her husband have a boat and we were lucky enough to have them take us out. One reason why I love Arizona is because even though it's October, we can still have fun at the lake while other places are getting snow already! {sorry if you're one of them, ha ha!} The water was a bit on the chilly side but not enough to stop us from getting in.

We did a little wakeboarding, and for not having done much wakeboarding before, Josh was pretty good at it. I had only tried wakeboarding once before and never could get up, so I didn't have very high expectations this time. To my surprise, I got up on my second try! I only lasted a few seconds though. Unfortunately, I forgot to have Josh take pictures or video so I have no proof. Next time.

Owen had a great time on the boat! We did make him wear a pink life jacket, and he did get called a girl, but he still had fun nonetheless. We put him in the water for just a few seconds and he wanted right out because it was too cold for him. The motor and movement of the boat seemed to calm him and he just relaxed and enjoyed himself much of the time. He loved looking at all the other boats too.
The cousins pooped out after a long day.
Owen is such a serious sleeper!

No comments: