Monday, October 5, 2009

Josh is 30!!!

This is what a 30 year old looks like.
Don't we hope/wish we could all look this good?
:)

We were excited to be able to spend Josh's birthday with family. We did a lot more than we would have done if it were just the two of us. I made him a warm breakfast of pancakes and made him a cheesy, yet still fun, candybar poster. For his birthday presents I gave him the only things he wanted...some nice Smith sunglasses from one of our favorite websites, Steep and Cheap, and an Iron Gym pull-up bar that fits in a doorway. He has been a happy man with his gifts.

Thursday we left Owen with the babysitter (grandma) and we went out for dinner to Texas Roadhouse. Josh hates it when they come sing to you at restaurants, and somehow I let it slip that it was his birthday. So Josh was thoroughly embarrased by the birthday YEEHA'S the waitresses shouted out. But we got a free dessert out of it all, which was the best part.

Saturday we had a little family BBQ for his birthday. I made him angel food cake, per his request. I put 30 candles on it, and he blew them all out in one puff!

Sunday evening we had another get-together with some of my extended family where we had a combined celebration for Josh and my sister Cassie who turns 16 next week. As the birthday boy, Josh had to wear some birthday stickers. You can tell he was thrilled. Over the past few days we have been spoiled with lots of attention and good food and lots of cake! We've loved it!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday, Josh!

By the way, I just saw your pictures on Kaylea's website. So cute!