Saturday, February 9, 2008

White Lake

Lake Michigan is a beautiful lake, and throughout the year it changes colors depending on the weather.

The colors we usually see are light blue, dark blue, green, turquoise, gray, and sometimes even brown.

But the color I think is the most fun to see is

WHITE!

Earlier this week I went for a walk along the lakefront and this is what it looked like:



It looks even more cool when you can see it from up high. I borrowed this next picture from my friend's blog (sorry Danielle!! hope you don't mind). It's the view from her apartment.

(I know I'm lame to keep posting about the weather! Boring I know. It's just so fun to experience real winters!)

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I love your posts about the weather!! I'm living vicariously through your blog! :)

Even so, I think you're crazy to be taking a walk when a lake is literally freezing!! :)

Melanie said...

I promise, it really wasn't too too cold out! Chilly, but not bone chilling. There were actually several other people out there walking!

heather said...

I am going to start praying today for your attitude. :) And not just about the love for the weather. :) You are my hero.

Danielle said...

Hey, no problem. Glad my picture came in handy!

I can't say I appreciate experiencing "real winters" as much as you, but it is fun to see the lake frozen over.

Maranda Whittle said...

I know I'm crazy, but that water is so pretty is makes me want to jump into it!

Cassie said...

Oh, what great pictures. Chicago is so neat. Thanks for posting pictures of you aparement and street. It's so cool to see where other people live. We hardly have seasons at all. Just this last month the leaves finally fell off our trees. Ha Ha, what a goofy state I live in.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's so pretty. It's been warm here over the weekend so I'm thinking like Maranda, "lets jump in." Ha ha j/k

How's everything else going?