The rainy season in this part of Ecuador starts in January and goes until sometime in May. So we got quite a few serious rains while we were there! It would rain so hard on the tin roofs of the houses that it was often deafening and we could barely even hear ourselves talk. And lots of rain also=lots of mud.
This is the preferred footwear during the rainy season due to the mud, even little kids have tiny boots.
Owen does pretty good at sitting up on his own now.
Lots of way cool bugs. Even Owen got a kick out of them.
Owen makes friends everywhere he goes.
More friends in La Y. Clara, a German volunteer, and two local kids Myelin and Anderson.
Mommy and the monster
Daddy and the hammock man
Melanie got another spa pedicure.
Josh put on a suturing workshop with some borrowed sutures and a cow leg from the recent village slaughter. He did this for Clara who really wants to be a doctor.
This time there seemed to be a bunch of creepy crawly bugs. We thought we'd share by showing some of our favorite pics of our many legged friends.
(and check out Josh's sweet lambchops in the background)
Here's a big pseudoscorpion Melanie found on an early morning trip to the bathroom.
A rather large centipede that joined us in the kitchen one night. {disgusting}
A *little* tarantula friend.
This is the formidable conga ant that supposedly has the most painful sting in the insect kingdom. Don't worry, we didn't let Owen near it!
Pretty moths
One of the large jungle snails that are all over

8 comments:
So does lots of rain mean lots of bugs? On a different note...How nice for you to be able to catch up on sleep! That's always a good thing. It's beautiful there.
Eew Eew Eew! Those bugs are all gross! I would have died if I had seen the scorpion thing on my way to the bathroom. Props to you for dealing with it all!!
Those are some interesting discusting bugs! I would be freaking out!
Owen is just SO adorable! I bet all the locals just love him. But those bugs...gross!! They're kinda cool to look at in pictures, but to have to live with them and see them every day - yuck!
Yeah, all those bugs are freaking me out. You are very brave. But Owen just keeps getting cuter.
Oh yuck. I don't like the bugs.
That is awesome rain. I do love the pic though with Josh, Owen, and the bug.
And the one of you and your "monster." He is a cute one!
I know I keep saying this, but I WISH YOU GUYS WERE HERE! I guess you wouldn't have nearly as awesome of pictures or stories, but I just can't get enough of Owen!
OK, the bugs are the only thing that I'm not jealous that you're experiencing! ;)
Post a Comment