For a long time Owen was not a fan of bibs. As soon as I put one on, he's just pull it right off. Velcro was never strong enough to hold, and the ones that fit over his head without velcro he just pulled off. I started taking all his clothes off for meals so he wouldn't get them all dirty.
Well, I finally have the perfect bib for Owen! This one he can't pull off. It's handmade from a dishtowel, and I love it because it ties in the back which he can't undo, and it has arm slots which he can't get out of.
I got the pattern from my grandma J. She has used these bibs for the grandchildren for a long time now, and if grandma uses them you know they're good! I was so excited to get the pattern from her when I visited at Christmas. They are so easy to make...basically just cut out the neckline, sew some binding tape along the edges, and fold over the sides to make arm holes. I've made several now, and I just throw them in the dirty laundry at the end of the day!

4 comments:
That is awesome. I am totally going to make a couple for this next one!
I was just making a whole bunch of them. They really are the best bibs. They pretty much cover up everything.
Those do look like fabulous bibs. I can only get Spencer to wear ones that have either a truck or a ball on the front...those are his favorites.
That's awesome! I wanna make some!
Post a Comment