Friday, January 1, 2010

Chicago Christmas

We had a great Christmas this year! We went to Arizona for 1 1/2 weeks so we could spend Christmas with our families. This was the first Christmas with grandkids present for both families! Needless to say it was fun and Owen was spoiled.

Before we went left for Arizona, we had our own Christmas celebration in Chicago. We didn't put up a tree, but we did have stockings and a few decorations. I originally had great plans to make lobster tail for our Christmas dinner, but then I chickened out. I couldn't bring myself to pay a high price for something that wasn't guaranteed to turn out. Maybe next year....
Santa brought Owen a few gifts including a table with chair and a Leap Frog music table. He also had to open a few gifts, which was good practice for all the things he opened in Arizona! I gave Josh his present early since it was too big to take to AZ...a guitar! And I actually pulled off surprising Josh! He had one while in Ecuador, but we had to leave it behind. It's definitely nicer than his old one, so hopefully he'll enjoy playing it.

No comments: