Friday, December 12, 2008

Four Months Old

Here's what Owen has been up to now:

*He discovered his feet. He loves to stare at them, grab them, play with them.
*He can hold his hands together. When he does it it looks like he's contemplating some mischievous plan.
*He can roll over, from his belly to his back.
*He still doesn't like tummy time, but I discovered he enjoys it better when the TV is on (horrible habit, I know).
*He laughs a lot, and I can get him to laugh pretty hard now. Along with his laughs he also squeals pretty loud.
*He has learned that he likes to squeal/scream when he's mad as well, which isn't so fun.
*He reaches for and grabs things, and then puts it in his mouth.
*He like to put everything in his mouth now, which also means he slobbers a lot too.
*He is still a morning person and is always so happy to see me in the mornings. This is when he has his biggest smiles.
*He is starting to dislike naps. Often he'll just cry and I have to let him cry himself to sleep or he'll never fall asleep.
*He still loves his soothie pacifier and needs it to go to sleep, along with being swaddled.
*He likes to suck on his fingers, especially the first two.
*He loves to go for walks outside and look around the city. When I stop walking he sometimes gets upset, then when I start walking again he's happy again.
*He has now lived in Ecuador longer than he lived in the USA!









Here is video of Owen rolling over. Well, the last half of the roll. He's always been too fast for us to catch it on video!

10 comments:

The Hawkins Family said...

Melanie, I found your blog on Heather's blog and I hope it's ok to check it out. Your baby is sooo cute. He is so grown up. Giovanna is almost 3 months old. Time goes by so fast. I hope you are enjoying your time in Ecuador. Anita

Unknown said...

I love the video of him laughing. I had to watch it at least 10 times. The pictures are cute too! Hey, where did you get the new picture at the beginning of your blog? It's very nice. I'd love a copy sometime so I can frame it. Well, thanks for the updates. Looks like your enjoying life there in Equador. Take care. Mom

Unknown said...

Sorry, I keep making comments but I keep thinking of things to say. The picture of Owen in the Santa hat is next to a Christmas tree. Is that yours or were you at a store? I was hoping you were able to get a tree so you'll have to let us know about that.

Danielle said...

I love his little bald head. He's cute. :)

Andrea said...

He's growing fast! Such a cutie and... quick!

Laurie said...

I LOVE the color of his eyes!!! He's just adorable! That's crazy to think that he's lived there for most of his life! :)

amy mo said...

He's SUCH a little cutie!!!

& Don't worry, my post about etiquette only applies to people like me who blog for really no reason at all, rather than people who actually have a family and blog to remember everything :) I should've clarified that. Hmm.

& I always love your comments!

Heather said...

I love his bald head! I'm starting to see Josh in him too.

Jeannie said...

What an adorable kid! And an international traveler at 4 months. How cool is he!

Kristy said...

He is so totally cute! I just love it that they learn to do so many things. Enjoy it because he'll be walking before you know it!