Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!!!


Honestly, I was initially a little bummed about Mother's Day, even though I have good reason to celebrate this year. The reason is because Josh is gone to La Y for a week, so I am all by myself. (Well, besides Owen.) There is nobody here to help make my special day special (except for Owen who is making it special by taking a good, much-needed afternoon nap. Yay!).

BUT, luckily I have the greatest husband ever!!! On Friday, I received a wonderful surprise when this beautiful boquet of flowers arrived at my door. Even though Josh was out in the middle of nowhere, he still was able to "use his sources" as he said and get these flowers ordered for me. They made me cry because I was not expecting anything at all this weekend!


I feel so blessed to be the mom to this cute little kid. Owen is such a joy and a blessing! After waiting for what seemed like forever to have him join our family, I now know what joys a child can bring. He is teaching me so much, especially patience! He is full of energy and life and happiness. He laughs and smiles so easily. I am happy he is so happy. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and modern medicine which made it possible for me to be a mother on this earth! I love you Owen!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Mothers Day Mel! This is an exciting day for you! What a cute mom you are. What a cute little guy you have as well. Nice Job Josh, way to pull it off.

acandiedapple said...

How sweet! I'm sure you are an amazing mom. Owen is a lucky boy! BTW, you are looking so tan!

Shelly said...

Happy Mothers day Melanie:D I love the last pic so cute!

Kristy said...

It's so nice to get surprise flowers! And Owen is a cutie! I'm sure that he totally makes Mother's Day even more wonderful!

Amy said...

That is awesome. Bonus points to your husband for planning ahead! What a guy.

Unknown said...

Glad you could have a special mother's day. I can't believe I have a child who is a mother. Wow! I know you are a great mother. I can tell it is something that brings you a lot of happiness. Sorry we couldn't talk to you yesterday. It was crazy busy with Kim making me dinner, visiting my parents and helping Cassie with homework. Hope to talk to you soon. Love Ya,
Mom