Friday I was finally able to go up the TelefériQo (I don't know why it's spelled with a capital Q, but it is). Josh had already gone up a few months ago to hike in preparation for his big Cotopaxi climb. Last time both Josh and I tried to go up we had Owen and they wouldn't let him go. But this week we had an available babysitter and a nice clear morning, so we took advantage! I'm so glad we did! It was awesome.
The TelefériQo is cable car that goes up the side of Pichincha, the volcanous mountain we see in Quito everyday. It is one of the highest aerial lifts in the world, going from 8,850 feet to 13,400 feet in less than 10 minutes. The top provides amazing, breathtaking views of Quito and the surrounding area.
We think the páramo landscape of the Andes is some of the most beautiful landscape in the world. In order to fully enjoy it we went on a short hike. This was part of the trail. People can rent horses if they want. The temperature was noticeably cooler compared to the Quito valley, but it was still nice. We even stopped for a little picnic lunch and took lots of pictures. We'll definitely miss all the mountains in Ecuador!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a cool adventure! I'm glad you were able to get a babysitter.
Maybe its the chaggy hair but Josh looks skinny! Nothing like a sister to compliment you right?!
How cool.
That's why you weren't available on Skype, we'll have to catch you next time :-)
Post a Comment