Monday, May 25, 2009

Question of the Week

How often do you take a bath? Not a shower, but an actual bath?
My Answer:
Practically never.
For some reason I don't really like to take baths. I know they're relaxing and all, but I'm just not a fan. I think it's because I've never had a really nice tub to bathe in. I've always lived in older homes and that means an older, small tub, older tiles, etc. The idea of sitting in an old tub in a small bathroom looking at a toilet or a yucky shower curtain (as is my case...I admit my shower curtains aren't always spic 'n span), just does NOT sound very relaxing.
NOW, if I had a really nice and big bubble-jet tub in a big bathroom, that was separate from the shower and the rest of the bathroom (like not next to a toilet) THEN I think I might enjoy taking baths more often. Ahhh....maybe when we actually own a house someday.

16 comments:

acandiedapple said...

I used to take them about once a month or once every other month, but I haven't taken one since Calder was born. I was really nit picky about it and had to scrub the tub before I took a bath because like you, I've had older, smaller tubs. Doesn't that sound relaxing. Now I just don't have time. I might make time if I had a jacuzzi tub.

Amy said...

Good question. We're getting a little more personal now ;) These days I hardly ever take a bath. 1-2 X a month, when I really need a break. When I was pregnant with Hallie & Abby I took one almost every night. I like taking baths when I'm not feeling well. Same with my kids, I'll give them like 3 baths a day when they are sick, sick. Gives them something to do, when they are feeling crumby.

Amy Legler said...

I did a lot when I was pregnant. Aveeno oatmeal baths my only chance for some relief from the itching of Cholestasis. It helped for about the first 10 minutes that I was in the tub :) But other than that, I just don't care to. I get bored - even with a book or something...

Laurie said...

I'm with you. Practically never. And for the same reasons.

Maybe if they made bathtubs padded! :D

Emryn said...

I enjoy baths, but usually have to take a shower afterwards. I have tried at my current place, but the hot water runs out before the tub is full, so no baths for me. I wish I had a nice one now with hot water, but usually I only got in the baths after a long day or weekend of playing vball to soothe my aching body.

Andrea said...

I can't remember the last time I sat in a bathtub. I find showers much more relaxing and just listening to the water run is my favorite!

RHulsey said...

when i have a kidney stone. that's pretty much it

Amy said...

This makes me think of a funny story but it isn't blog-appropriate, I'll have to tell you in person sometime! I take a bath 1-3x/week. But that might change now that I'm pregnant because baths make me nervous for pregnant women for some reason.

Danielle said...

Mmmmm, I LOVE taking baths! I take one probably once a week now. The Hickmans' condo has an amazing bath tub. It's pretty big and has jacuzzi jets (although I don't really like having the jets on).

It's definitely much more enticing with a big nice tub, but I still use to take occasional baths in our last apartment. Probably once every couple of months before. I can't go back to a small tub now though.

Kate said...

I don't really like baths, so I almost never take a bath. But when I'm training for something, I will take an ice bath.

LuAnn said...

I'm surprised people don't take more baths. I probably take one once a week. I love baths!!! Some people might think this is weird, but I bathed with Simon until he was about 10 months...it was the easiest way to bathe him and a good excuse to take a bath. I haven't been able to do that with Jack.

I'm so glad you are moving into the Picadilly. It really is great here and with you there will be 4 little boys around Jack and Owen's age. They will become great little buddies.

Valerie said...

Ditto to what you said.

Gloria said...

Love baths, love everything about them. It's where I go to hide from all the testosterone floating in my house. I need girl time and it’s the one place I can go that the boys will run from! :) Usually I take a good book (lately it’s been "Fundamentals of Nursing") and read for a hour or so. So relaxing.

Tanner and Shasta said...

Well I don't have any kids mind you, so I have more time on my hands than most. I take a bath about three times a week. I put my laptop on the counter and fill the tub with water and bubbles....Then I catch up on any of my shows that I missed or couldn't watch because we don't have cable right now. I have to say its one of my favorite things to do!

heather said...

Probably once a month or so. I really like just relaxing in a tub with a good book.

Tanya Leigh said...

I'm exactly the same! Usually I only slip into a tub when I'm terribly sick, which, thankfully, isn't often at all.