Monday, May 11, 2009

Question of the Week

How often do you shave your legs?
My Answer:
Once a week.
It's been this way for a long time. I usually shave on Saturday or Sunday so that I can have nice smooth legs for church. I don't think it's all that attractive to have hairy legs while wearing a skirt (though I know I've been guilty of it many times!). An old co-worker of mine (she was in her 50's by the way) once told me that a young girl like me should shave every day!! She couldn't believe I didn't shave at least every other day. There's no way I would shave just to go to work in scrubs. I just don't see the point of shaving more frequently during the week, even if I'm wearing shorts. To me it's a pain and too time-consuming. I might shave more frequently if I'm going to a special event or something. And I admit, if I don't go to church for whatever reason I might even go two weeks without shaving! Luckily, I have been blessed with light-colored leg hairs so it's not really too noticeable (at least that's what I think!).

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I agree with you (definately need to shave for church unless I wear a REALLY long skirt!) although I do shave about 2 times a week! And now that summer is here I'll probably start to a little more.

RHulsey said...

Usually once a week, but in the hot summer months when I am wearing shorts frequently it might be twice a week. And that is just the bottom half of my legs. The part that is always covered by garments might only get shaved once a month.

Danielle said...

Yeah, I'm not so lucky to be able to get away with not shaving. During the winter I shave less often, but usually at least twice a week. During the summer I shave every day or every other day depending on what I plan to wear.

Amy said...

Haha! Great question. I probably shave every 4-6 weeks. It is just too time consuming! Plus, no one touches my legs except me and the husband, and since my leg hairs are light you can't see them unless you're looking for them. Plus, this way when I do shave its a treat. I never tell him when I do it, and it usually takes him a couple days to realize, kinda fun.

Emryn said...

I am totally the same. Once a week usually Saturday or Sunday, when I wear a short skirt, but during the winter I usually only do it every other week. The only exception is if I am on a bathing suit vaction and I might shave twice that week.(and I don't have light hair on my legs)

Laurie said...

Only when I have to wear a skirt! And then I get to wear capris on Mondays. :D

Whitney said...

Dito to your post! Once a week, but more in the summer if I'm going swimming or something. I feel like your question of the week's are making me feel like a more disgusting person than I realized I was! :)

heather said...

In the winter practically not at all. Only the four or five inches between my boots and skirt.

In the summer... more often. Every couple days or so.

Amy said...

In the summer which equals right now, I shave EVERY day. I wear shorts EVERY day and can't stand it. That way if I miss a few spots on a daily basis, it's all evened out! Plus I can't stand the way it feels when I am sleeping if my legs aren't perfectly smooth. In the winter I only do it every other day. You've got your light blond hair as an advantage to you!

acandiedapple said...

Honestly probably 1-2 times a month. I seem to take after my mom who doesn't need to shave at all any more. My arm and leg hair started thinning a few years ago. Thank goodness. My mom seriously doesn't have any arm or leg hair at all.

Amy Legler said...

You answered me perfectly in your response. I hate shaving. And I only do it when I'm going to wear shorts or a skirt.

Kate said...

in the winter maybe once or twice a week - always on Sunday, in the summer probably every other day. I have a hard time falling asleep if my legs are too hairy.

Jeannie said...

Hilarious! I can't believe how much alike we are with these questions!

Valerie said...

I would say as often as needed, which is deliberately left wide open for interpretation. I've been known to wear skirts with hairy legs, but that is the beauty of blonde leg hairs. But once they grow long enough to really irritate me, they're gone. But even then I might only shave to my knees. Armpits are a different story--those get shaved every time I shower. I am no Frenchie.

Valerie said...

Having said all that, I would say that Saturday is usually when I shave my legs.