Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas morning was pretty leisurely. We ate yummy breakfast while we waited for the rest of Josh's family to arrive. We opened our stockings, then we attacked the pile of Christmas presents! Once again, the focus was on the grandkids and Owen was spoiled. I think he got a bit overwhelmed after a while because he started to get tired pretty fast!

Josh gave me my present in AZ. Unfortunately it wasn't much of a surprise because I helped pick it out. But, I was really really excited to get it......a Canon Rebel XSi SLR camera!!!!
I also got a 50mm lens to go with it as well. I've wanted a camera like this for a really long time, but didn't think I'd get one any time soon. Josh decided that I should have one now so I can enjoy the 6 months we have left in Chicago and perhaps take a photography class. I love it! I still don't really know how to use it well and I mostly shoot on auto mode, but I'm excited to learn! The difference in picture quality from cameras I'm used to is amazing. I tested it out by taking a sampling of pictures of people. Thank You Josh!!!

2 comments:

RHulsey said...

Wow, that camera takes awesome pictures! I think it will be really cool for you to take a photography class. What a neat gift.

Heather said...

Wow! I've wanted one of those for a long time, but I didn't know they were that good!