Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow Fun

Yesterday the weather warmed up enough to make it bearable outside! We got a few inches of snow last week, and now with the wamer temps (the 30's) I decided to take Owen out to play in the snow. People don't seem to play in the snow much around here, but I always have this desire to go run and play in it! Maybe it's because I grew up in a desert where the only time we were ever in snow was because we traveled to it for fun and entertainment, so being in snow was always a big deal. And since this might be Owen's only snowy winter for many years, I don't want to deprive him of the fun of playing in the snow!

This first pictures was taken last week when on our walk to the libray. Owen insisted on walking there, and he stopped to observe it. I placed him on the snow for picture purposes only, and he wasn't too happy. :)



These pictures are from yesterday. We walked to a nearby park that has a big field, meaning lots of snow. He still wasn't so sure about the snow, so here he is being big and brave, taking a big step onto the snow!


We made a few snowballs and Owen had fun trying to throw them, but he didn't like that his mittens got in the way. He pulled them off and played with the snow with his bare hands, but realized that was even more uncomfortable!


He walked around for a little bit, but then decided he had enough and it was time to go home. At least I had fun and now Owen won't be able to say he's never played in the snow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Own looks so cute! How fun.

Andrea said...

I recognize Kenwood Academy in the background in the first picture. Oh, I remember those walks to the library. Looks like a bit of snow!

Heather said...

How cute! That's strange people don't play in the snow much. The kids here love it. Maybe it's 'cause we're in a smaller town.