Monday, December 1, 2008

27 Years

A couple weeks ago I celebrated my 27th birthday! It was a pretty good day overall. I was going to go get a massage, but the massage spa was closed so I just relaxed during the day. (I'll make it up one of these days, I'm sure.) Josh bought me a cake because a birthday isn't complete without a cake!



After making a wish and blowing out the candles, we were able to get a babysitter and Josh and I enjoyed a date at a restaurant called Crepes and Waffles. It came highly recommended, and it proved to be delicious! They had a huge book just for the desserts! The icecream was delicious. The one we chose came with about 7 or 8 different fruity flavors...yummy!!



The restaurant is at one of the local malls. Here's a picture so you have an idea of how nice it is. It is way bigger than this, too.

10 comments:

Heather said...

So you can eat ice cream again!! Yay! Is Owen over the indigestion then?

Amy said...

Yay! A mall! Looks like you had a good birthday. So, I'm curious about Heathers comment, ice cream? I'm so nosy! I hope you are back to dairy! I'm also glad you have a babysitter there, so you can have some time to yourself!

Melanie said...

yes, I'm back to dairy!!! I've been eating it since we've been in Ecuador. I just started out slowing, and he seems to do fine. The only times I've noticed he gets fussier is when I drink plain milk, which I hardly ever do here since Ecuador milk is disgusting.

Jeannie said...

Fun! Glad you had a great birthday. Anytime you have a little umbrella placed on top you know it's good. ;)

amy mo said...

That cake is so cute! & Owen looks so precious! & that dessert looks delicious! & that mall looks so fancy! Ok I think that's all!

Cassie said...

Wow, happy birthday, Mel! Thanks for the pictures! The cake looks so pretty! Hope you're doing well.

Maranda Whittle said...

Happy Birthday to you!!

Cassie said...

Owen looks so cute in sunglasses! Glad you could have a fun birthday. The mall looks pretty fancy and fun. The icecream looks really good. I'm glad you can eat it again.
I'm glad you're taking pictures of the food and everything. I know Nathan really enjoys reading your blog and it makes him homesick for his old mission. It's fun to see what life is like there and this is the only way we'll ever experience Equador, through your eyes and words. So thanks for the time you put into your blogs!

Unknown said...

Even though it says "Cassie" its really from "yo momma"

Melanie said...

Cassie does write well, but I did think that sounded a bit mature for her!