Monday, December 8, 2008

Brigada, animales, misc pics

This is sort of a tag on miscellaneous post with mostly pictures from my last medical brigade and some great pics mostly taken by the other volunteer doc Eddie:

-Here's me ready to hit the trail brigada style. The bigote helps me stay on the horse better and I think I look pretty ecuadorian actually.


-Some of the great wildlife we saw on this brigada. This dude was just chillin (as most sloths do) under a foot bridge. I was going to pick him up but he was covered in bugs. Another pic to follow with he and I together.


-Some of the scenery along the way. It is beautiful here...

...but these coastal cloud rainforests are around 95% deforested. Roads in means better access to healthcare, jobs, and ability to grow crops to sell, but it also means they sell the wood from the forest to americans and europeans.

-Some of the cute kids from the community of Los Angeles. They love to have their picture taken. I later treated them all for intestinal parasites.


-There is beauty in abundance here in the forests. Mother nature put on a great show with this sunset one evening in La Y.


-This chicken was wondering what was cooking in the kitchen (she better watch out, because tomorrow it could be her). She later wanted a closer look at me as you can see in the last post.

The End


4 comments:

Amy said...

Good to see Josh posting! I so love being able to see what you are up to!

Brenda said...

It looks so gorgeous there!! Your picture on the horse didn't turn out or maybe it is just my internet connection. I was hoping to see how you looked Equadorian style!

Unknown said...

Wow, what an amazing place/experience for you guys. Little Owen is getting so big! FOr a second I thought that Latino baby was Owen...I was like, "wait a minute...." haha.

Heather said...

Wow it's pretty there! The last pic is my favorite.